Copied from sirreality — a good way to kill some time on a Thursday evening.
1. Put your playlist on shuffle.
2. Post the first lines to the first 25 songs to come up (along with these instructions).
3. Have people guess the songs and artists in comments to the post.
4. Post the answers to the ones people guessed correctly. A couple of days later, post the first two lines of the ones no one got and get people to guess again.
5. Repeat, adding the next line to the unguessed songs each time, until they’re all guessed/you’ve posted the whole song/you’ve gotten bored/no-one’s going to get the damn thing if you don’t tell them.
For sanity’s sake, I’m deleting anything with the title in the first line, as well as anything in a language I can’t easily type at this keyboard. So there’s a bit of artist clustering.
1. 737 comin’ out of the sky
2. Ich bin so allein
3. There was a place, and the name of the place escapes me.
4. Your cruel device
5. I come, old friend, from hell tonight, across the rotting sea
6. I am Francisco Vasquez Garcia
7. You don’t know how you got here
8. Have you ever been close to tragedy, or been close to folks who have?
9. I call a girlee girlee…. way-ee-o…
10. Well, I’m the king of the swingers, boy, a jungle VIP
11. Just got home from Illinois
12. Let’s take a Greyhound bus to California
13. Alligators snap at your ankles
14. Lift MacCahir Og your face
15. Left a good job in the city
16. Have you seen the ghosts of trees where the riverbank was, there
17. I’ll tell you something; I am a wolf, but…
18. In the afterlife
19. When I was a lad, I was a little bit shy
20. Alright, it’s time to blow this scene.
21. Last night, Jesus called me on the phone
22. One more time and you’ll be dead
23. We’ll be singing when we’re winning
24. What would you do if I sang out of tune?
25. There’s a problem, feathers iron